Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Epilogue

In our interview, I touched on what she wanted to do after the completion of F.L.Y.
I was pleasantly surprised to find that she has alot of ambition directly related to her film. She lit up after the question and set forth a couple of plans she immediately wants to explore with after her graduation on May 1st 2010. First on her agenda, she wants to create "an after story" to F.L.Y., something that is curious because I haven't an idea what would happen after her film's conclusion, it peaks my curiousity. However, what was especially interesting to hear is that she wants to make childrens books much like her film. This is actually something I can see her doing very well in. Judging by the nature of her film and talents its something I can imagine would fit her plots and stories best. Her film and the story within is very mainstream, tuned to a young audience that would identify with the metaphors and icons within the plot, which in itself is easily understandable and translates smoothly to the widest audience.

Perhaps with this entrepreneurial venture in mind (children's books), she'd benefit from taking Illustration courses or collaborating with an Illustrator to further learn how to communicate an idea through image. Instantly I'm reminded of many examples I could use to show her. One artist and storywriter I would highlight would be Eric Carle, better know as the creator of the very widely acclaimed and successful, "The Very Hungry Caterpillar." Not so much in the plot but how the book itself was designed, making it delightful and engaging to follow the plot.

Given her goals in life and career, I'm very enthusiastic for Ingrid and where she want's to take F.L.Y.

No comments:

Post a Comment